Thursday, June 11, 2009

Exciting News!

In case you have been wondering why we have all been MIA for the past few months is because of all the changes that are taking place in our family. As you may remember Brian lost his job in January. He has been searching for something in OC, LA, and even SD for the past several months. He posted his resume on Monster.com and a headhunter in Grand Cayman (yes, as in the island) found him. After several phone interviews and a 4 day trip for a formal interview, he was offered the position of Risk Manager. He has since then accepted the offer and is suppose to start August 3. That means that we are all moving as this is not a “telecommute” position. I am of course terrified about this new opportunity for our family but I have 100% faith that God is leading us in a good direction. We are putting the house on the market and going to stay temporarily with my parents in La Verne.

But wait there is more….better stay seated!

After three months of infertility treatment and a miscarriage, we are expecting Baby Hellewell #2! I am sure some of you have fainted or fallen off the chair because we were “done with one”. I guess Santa does more than deliver toys because our due date is Christmas Day! I have been really sick the past 12 weeks and feel terrible for not keeping in touch with so many of you. We don’t know what we are having but expect to find out before we move.

So here is the plan:
We will be in La Verne until late July. We have to wait for immigration to give Brian a work visa. Then we will all go get settled in our 2 bedroom, fully furnished apartment. Mid-September Kaili and I will return for my third trimester and will be at my parents house. I want to have the baby at Hoag Hospital where my dr is since I will be having another c-section. Hopefully Brian will make it home in time! Then in January, we will all head back to Grand Cayman to start our life as a family of 4 (and yes we are stopping there…I am making sure of it). I plan on visiting every couple months because leaving my family and friends is going to be the hardest part of this. We would love to see you before we leave!

No comments: